Moving up from 2014 version

Options
Kim_Oke
Kim_Oke Member Posts: 5

Hi there, I'm finally moving up from my 2014 version of Quicken Accounts. I have a big question that I need help and/or a workaround.

I run some of my bank accounts with sub-accounts. So the big question is, how do I do this?

For example

Savings

Savings: House Insurance

Savings: Mobile Phone

Savings: Internet

Now some of these are monthly bills, some are quarterly, some are yearly, and a few are saved up over a few years. It's like the old method of tucking money into envelopes to save up for bills. I just do it with bank accounts. The Bank sees one account with $x000.00 in it, but my system sees all the little sub-envelopes with little amounts of money in them telling me how I'm doing with meeting these liabilities.

Is there a way to do this, or does anyone have a good idea on how to work around it without having to get a dozen separate accounts with the actual bank?

Many thanks

Kim

Comments

• Bin Liang
    Bin Liang Reckon Staff Posts: 7 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi Kim,

Thank you for posting your question in Reckon Community.

Firstly, you can create a main bank account named "Savings" from Chart of Accounts in Reckon Accounts Business software.

After that, you can continue to create sub-accounts of the main bank account "Savings". Please find the following screenshot as an example. A sub-account named "Savings - Internet" can be created.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Bin Liang

Senior Technical Support Representative

Professional Services Group

• Kim_Oke
    Kim_Oke Member Posts: 5
    Options

Thanks Bin

Is this the software that you have to pay a yearly license subscription fee? Or the online Reckon One? I ask because that looks exactly like I am looking for and have in the 2014 version. Unfortunately, I can't afford the yearly license thing and am having to use the Reckon One (Trial).

Is there a way to do this in the Reckon One or is it only a thing in one of the fully licensed versions?

Would I be better with Reckon Accounts Personal Plus or Home and Business?

Many thanks

Kim

PS: I'm on a very small fixed income and am looking for the easiest and cheapest way to achieve this.

• Bin Liang
    Bin Liang Reckon Staff Posts: 7 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your reply.

The procedures that I provided were from Reckon Accounts Business software. However, if you would like to use Reckon One. I think you can achieve this as well. Please find the following procedures for Reckon One.

In Reckon One, please go to "Chart of accounts" and then you can set up a main account and its sub-accounts. Please click on the green button "Add" to create these accounts.

Please create the main account first. After that, you can create a sub-account by clicking on the drop-down menu of "Sub account of".

Kind Regards,

Bin Liang

Senior Technical Support Representative

Professional Services Group