Adjustment on EOFY

Options
gecko1962
gecko1962 Member Posts: 3
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I need to make an adjustment on my EOFY submission, but it won't let. What do i do to correct me submission?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @gecko1962

When you say its not letting you, can you describe what is happening specifically ie. what process are you going through and what is happening on-screen.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• gecko1962
    Options

If i go into the submission it doesn't give me any options to adjust it and if i go into New Adjustment it just gives me the information on adjustments and no options of proceeding from there either.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Right ok gotcha thanks.

Ok so just to add a bit of context. The 'New Adjustment' option when you hit the + symbol in the Pay Run screen is used to adjust any pay runs that have been CREATED and sent in the Payroll App itself.

If you've just migrated over from the STP app then you'll see the info brought over from that app in the STP tab in the Payroll App rather than the 'Pay Run' screen.

With that out of the way, yes you can make corrections to your 2020/21 employee balances that have come over from the STP app by going into the employee profile, selecting the 'Edit' option and then scrolling over to the Year to Date tab. You can correct the balances here and they'll be picked up and sent on the next successful submission ie. the EOFY finalisation.

With that said, unfortunately the functionality to do the above isn't working too well at the moment and our devs are putting the finishing touches on fixing it.

Once we've got it sorted, you can make corrections to your employee balances in the Payroll App for the 2020/21 year and then send through an EOFY finalisation from there as well.

There's info on this in the announcement below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• gecko1962
    Options

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I will wait for this to be fixed and then fingers crossed be able to correct my submission.

I

• Rav
    Options

@gecko1962

I've just updated that announcement with some extra info see here.

• Glen Thiele
    Glen Thiele Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hi

Is the EOFY issue resolved on the Reckon payroll app. I am unable to get an updated EOFY report after correcting some STP submissions.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@Glen Thiele The issue you are referring to in the old post was fixed way back in July and was linked to the EOFY2020-21 report tab not showing up in the Payroll app briefly when FY changed.

It might be easier to get help if you can provide a description of your problem. For example which year, where were the original Payruns created (in STP app or Payroll app). What process did you use to make the corrections and which data was updated. How are you attempting to get the updated EOFY report?

• Glen Thiele
    Options

3 of the 4 pay runs were in the STP app. one in the payroll app.

Updates made to 31 Mar 2021 pay run. Info correct under Pay runs tab.

Under STP tab Update's do not show figures. Pay runs do. So there is no way of figuring what is going wrong

Running End of Financial year from the + (top right) results in EOFY report for FY 20/21 for which values are not as expected if updates were processed correctly

selecting

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭
    Options

Payroll App Pay Summary = Initial YTD + (pay runs submitted from Payroll App). Initial YTD are data migrated from STP App.

• Glen Thiele
    Options

Correct - Payroll App Pay Summary (EOFY) values are incorrect like as if the 31 Mar 2021 update is not used.

I also find it curious why the updates in the STP tab do not show figures. How is one expected to know whether update is correct

• Joseph Li
    Options

I suppose the 31 March 2021 pay run would have been submitted from the old STP App. So that pay run would have been included in employee’s initial YTD courtesy of migration. Update event submitted from the old STP App is also migrated into initial YTD.

• Glen Thiele
    Options

Sorry, I need a solution not a commentary

• Joseph Li
    Options

In problem solving it is vital to know what has transpired. Then solution might come about naturally.

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

@Glen Thiele Things can be somewhat confusing if some Payruns were in STP app and some in new Payroll app.

Considering the ATO STP reporting is on YTD amount basis and not on individual Payrun amounts you have a few choices to ensure the EOFY 2020-21 report for employee from Payroll App to ATO reflects what total payments were actually made through the year. I will suggest the easiest one -

1. If possible find out what the 2020-21 Income Statement in employee's ATO mygov account is showing.
    2. compare this to the EOFY 2020-21 report you get from Payroll app
    3. work out what was should have been actually paid for the 2020-21 year.
    4. If the only difference is the update of Mar 31 then adjust the employee Initial YTD summary amount in Payroll app to allow for the difference. Otherwise keep adjusting the Initial YTD Summary until you hit the correct amount for the year. No point running new Update payruns at this stage
    5. Sumbit the final EOFY 2020-21 summary report and check ATO Income statement (mgov account) is Tax Ready and shows correct amounts once the EOFY processing is showing Success / Done

https://help.reckon.com/article/dxemdx8slf-payroll-app-end-of-financial-year-report#submitting_your_eofy_report

https://help.reckon.com/article/uz5x44p19d-reckon-payroll-app-adding-employees#initial_ytd

See if this works.

• Glen Thiele
    Options

Hi

Thank you for your comprehensive answer.

I use the basic reckon payroll app which does not allow for the adjustment of the initial YTD summary or am I missing something/

• swakhlu01 .
    edited September 2021
    Options

@Glen Thiele In Payroll app (including Basic) you should see 3 dots (...) on top right corner of the Employee settings Menu page. Click and select Edit. Then scroll across the tabs until in end you find Initial YTD.Good luck.

• Glen Thiele
    Options

Hi

Found it, Thanks for that