move reckon accounts personal 2021 to a new computer

Options

hi

i need to move the program over to a new computer due to some issues with the old computer

so i have to get the current files across and download and reinstall 2021 again to the new computer.

not sure of the correct steps and correct order to follow

so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks peter

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

This is not hard, call me and I will do it for you

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Adrian_10861896
    Adrian_10861896 Member Posts: 7
    Options

I have a similar issue - Have been using Reckon Accounts 2011-12 version (upgraded to 2013 version). Laptop died so had to upgrade and purchase a new one only to find Reckon Accounts 2013 isn't compatible with Window 10 so had to subscribe to Reckon One - then find out i can't import any business files from Reckon Accounts to Reckon One????? Is this still the case ?? - if so I will be cancelling my subscription and looking for an alternative accounting program.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Someone has been telling you all the wrong things, about Windows 10 everyone else is using it ok.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Adrian_10861896
    Options

Hi Gerry, Thank you. I was hoping the info I had received was either inaccurate or misleading!

I need to access my company data from my old program (My info was incorrect also - it was installed as Quickbooks 2011/12 and later updated to Quickbooks 2013 (.QBW files?).

Would you be able to provide some advice as to which Windows 10 compatible program I would need to do this? - again info i have been given suggests I may require an "intermediate" program (possibly a 2015/16 version then possibly 2019/20 version) so as to minimize chances of data loss through program changes.

Any advice or assistance here would be most welcome and appreciated

• GerryWinter
    Options

I can bring your file directly into the current version. Which version of 2013 were you using, please call me to discuss.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Adrian_10861896
    Options

I have just been reading a response from the customer service team at Reckon - they have advised (as echoed by your earlier response) that I was misled in opting for Reckon One. Their advice is to go with Reckon Accounts 2021 which should be able to open the old files directly without the need for migration. Would you agree with that assessment? As I only have a small business I would likely only need the basics and limited usage anyway. Thanks

• GerryWinter
    Options

Correct and when you are ready to go to 21 please call me first as i can do a special deal for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• peter1
    peter1 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Re moving accounts personal to a new computer this is now completed by Gerry.

what would have taken me a long time was completed quickly,

thanks again Gerry

peter1

798409 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi, I moved my Accounts Personal Plus 2021 to a new computer. Downloading was completed very easily.

Upon restoring my backup I have noticed that the price history for the securities did not come across. Is this a backup flaw? Is there anything that can be done to recover the price history?

Thanks Don

• peter1
    peter1 Member Posts: 16
    Options

after gerry moved my accounts personal plus 2021 to the new computer all works ok

when i check the price history on the portfolio page it comes up with the prices on the previous dates so price history must be there.

. i update on the portfolio page using the download quotes button . there is a download historical prices button there also but i have not used it.

peter

798409 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Gerry assisted me to back-up my files in a way that the price history was captured. One reason was that the file name saved was too long.

• sundarvnz
    sundarvnz Member Posts: 3
    Options

Gerry, I have recently bought Quicken Home & Business 2021. When I install it on Windows 10, it asks me if I want AU version or NZ Version. I chose NZ version. However, the default currency remains as AU$. How do I change it?

• GerryWinter
    Options

send me a text or email and i will work you thru it

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• sundarvnz
    sundarvnz Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you Gerry. I have sent you an email.