ERROR CODE -6000,-83

brisbaneblinds
brisbaneblinds Member Posts: 7 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi, Reckon has aborted our programme & now we are unable to log back in & we keep getting error code -6000,-83 or company file busy at present....but it won't let us do anything.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @brisbaneblinds

I'd recommend heading into the Reckon Accounts Hosted control panel and logging off any active sessions that you find listed in the 'Log off Remote Sessions' area.

Once that is done logout in full (use the Logout option), and close your browser. Reopen Hosted and login. Confirm if you're able to access your file as normal.

Let me know how you get on.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• brisbaneblinds

Hi Rav,

Yes I have tried this but still unable to log on.

• This content has been removed.
  • brisbaneblinds

Thank you Zappy for talking with me last night & directing me in the right direction. All working fine now.

• Christine_SCP
    Christine_SCP Member Posts: 1 Novice Member Novice Member

Thank you Zappy for helping me with the log on error (-6000, -83) this morning. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

• Janine_10861780
    Janine_10861780 Member Posts: 8 Novice Member Novice Member

How did this get solved?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,620 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Have you gone into the control panel and logged off remote sessions?

• Kyle
    Kyle Member Posts: 35 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi, I am also receiving these codes. My computer froze and I had to restart it without closing the Company file I was working on at the time or logging out of Reckon altogether. When I tried to re-open the company file that was open at the time of the computer freezing I received a message saying 'Server Busy' - 'Switch To..' or 'Retry', of which neither option worked and I am now receiving these error codes (-6000, -83) . I have tried logging off remote sessions and restarting my computer. I am able to open other company files that I have access to on my login in, but when trying to open the file that was frozen I receive these error codes.

If anyone can help urgently it would be greatly appreciated.

• Datarec
    Datarec Reckon Staff Posts: 1,201 Reckon Staff
    edited April 8

Hi @Kyle

The fastest way to get support is to Contact technical support on 1300 756 663

Mon – Fri: 8:30am – 7pm

Sat – Sun: 9am – 4pm

The error message you are encountering occurs when the software is unable to make a connection with the actual QBW (Company Data File).

Try the recommendation in the previous posts to log-off any sessions, then re-login to the Hosted platform.

In some cases, the problem is related to a damaged data file.

If the current data file cannot be opened successfully even after following the steps above, then the alternatives are to locate a good older backup file and restore it.

Or have the file undergo further investigation by the Data Recovery Team which is the last resort.

Make sure that the Hosted Technical Support Team has had an opportunity to assist you first with troubleshooting the issue, then if necessary they can escalate the case to the Data Recovery Team.

• Kyle

I have just got off the phone with Technical Support and they were excellent!! We have recovered the corrupt company file thank goodness.

Many thanks

• Datarec
    Datarec Reckon Staff Posts: 1,201 Reckon Staff

Hi @Kyle

Ensure that a regular backup of the company file is performed.

This is an important part of the file maintenance process.

The person who has the "Admin" highest administrator level access to the data file is responsible for creating backups, which are stored on the Hosted B: drive.

Consider downloading a copy of those backup sets from the Hosted B: drive to your local hard drive as a secondary backup location.

• Kyle

Great advice, I will let the 'Admin' know. Thank you