💡 Understanding the YTD Summary balances in the Reckon Payroll App 🔍
How are the Year to Date Summary balances for an employee calculated in the Reckon Payroll App?
The YTD Summary tab in an employee profile will show you a running balance of an employee's total earnings, tax, super, allowances and deductions over the course of the financial year.
This balance will progressively update when the employee is included in any pay runs that you create in the app that are marked as paid.
An important aspect to note is the balances that you see in the YTD Summary tab is;
- The sum of all payments made to the employee via paid pay runs + any initial Year to Date amounts entered when the employee was first created (if applicable).
This is also explained in the YTD Summary itself which you'll see in the highlighted text on the example screenshot below.
How do I view Initial Year to Date (YTD) balances entered for an employee?
You can view the initial Year to Date balances for an employee any time by tapping on the 'Update initial Year to Date (YTD)' option found at the bottom of the employee's YTD Summary.
You can also find it by tapping the 'Edit' option on an employee profile then selecting the 'Enter initial YTD' button.
You can also make changes or edits to the the initial YTD amounts if they aren't quite right. The screen recording below shows a very simple example of how to edit an employee's initial Year to Date earnings.
- All Categories
- 6.6K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.1K Reckon One
- 111 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 9 Reckon Invoices App
- 1.1K Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 17 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 106 Reckon API
- 902 Payroll Premier
- 76 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 290 Point of Sale (Desktop)
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 64 About Reckon Community