BHP pays an in specie dividend, how is this recorded in Personal Plus and Home?
How do you record the payment of a fully franked dividend which is not paid in cash. I still need to capture the franked dividend and imputation credit for income and tax purposes; without impacting any cash accounts.
While the dividend is related to the BHP Petroleum / Woodside Energy merger and the issue of Woodside Energy shares to BHP shareholders, there is no direct correlation between the dividend value and the cost base of the new WDS shares.
I have recored the new WDS shares using "Add Shares" using the cost base price of $27.96 i.e. the ASX closing price the day prior to the dividend payment / WDS share issue (as advised by both BHP & Woodside).
Now, just need to record the non-cash dividend & imputation credit.
- All Categories
- 6.7K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.2K Reckon One
- 135 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 10 Reckon Invoices App
- 938 Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 21 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 18 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 107 Reckon API
- 948 Payroll Premier
- 116 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 325 Point of Sale
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 68 About Reckon Community