Pay runs OK, but an extra STP submission?

aakk
aakk Member Posts: 21 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

I'm using the Payroll app (paying self as director of IT services company), and having some issues.

I have submitted 10 pay runs so far this FY, and am working on submitting the May 2022 pay run. However, I must have done something wrong previously, as in the ATO Business Online portal I can see an extra (11th) STP submission, on 24/5 for wages of $25000. I'm not sure how that came about, I may have adjusted a pay run and submitted it erroneously.

I can't seem to change it. For the May pay run I am yet to submit, I need to include a quarterly super payment of $6875 made in May and with the way the app works, it seems I will need to have at least enough wages so I can set the appropriate super percentage to calculate $6875 super.

I'm not sure what the implications of this extra STP submission are, if I can somehow use it as part of the proper May submission, or if I create another pay run with wages and super, what effect this extra submission will have on finalisation etc.

Answers

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@aakk Generally the STP reporting involves declaring the earnings and superannuation amounts when these accrue to employee as part of the Payrun, not after the payments have been made. Considering it is nearing end of FY, an easier option might be to edit the Initial YTD 2021/22 setting of the employee to reflect additional amounts so that the YTD Summary shows the correct amounts for earnings, tax and superannuation for the FY. You can then run the EOFY 2021/22 Payrun and report the Final Income statement to ATO.

https://help.reckon.com/article/uz5x44p19d-reckon-payroll-app-adding-employees#initial_ytd

https://help.reckon.com/article/dxemdx8slf-payroll-app-end-of-financial-year-report

• aakk
    aakk Member Posts: 21 ✭

Thank you very much for that. Can the initial YTD figures be adjusted after the end of that financial year?

I think the issue is that the earnings of the company fluctuate a bit, and so to he wages I pay myself fluctuate each month, andi calculate then after the payments are received. I probably need a better way of handling this.

I can't see on the ATO portal if the extra stp event has pay run information like the pay period, so at a low as to how it happened.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@aakk I am assuming you will be updating the employee initial YTD figures for 21/22 which has not ended yet. Hope this answers your concern.