Can I replace Company File in RA Hosted

Options
Margaret Clifford
Margaret Clifford Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

Good morning and thank you in advance

Client has a company file on hosted that has errors - transaction not in balance. I have rebuilt the file off line on desktop 2022 - this has no errors. Am I able to delete or download the file out of hosted and upload the new one, so as to only have one file in the Q:. Client is new to Reckon and need to avoid 2 files in Hosted. Never had this one before

Have rang support x2. Received 2 different answers . Not helpful

Marg Clifford

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

When in Hosted click on the up arrow on the red toolbox, then you will be able to select your file on the desktop and upload to the Q drive. You should also be able to highlight the old file and click delete to remove it. If you are uploading a backup save it to the B Drive and you can then restore it within Hosted. If file is not too big you can upload the actual qbw file to the Q drive.

2 different steps, one to upload and one to delete, doesn’t matter what you do first as long as you are confident you have the correct file on your desktop. Also a good idea to rename the file you are uploading, with perhaps 2022 at the end, that way there is no confusion as to the current file

• Margaret Clifford
    Options

Thanks Kris

I was confident in the backup to B: and restoring to Q: but wasn't sure if I could actually delete the mad file !! without causing issues ..

I got conflicting answers from Support

Have a happy Sunday

Marg

• Margaret Clifford
    Options

Thanks Zappy information greatly appreciated