Reckon Accounts Desktop Aborts

Options

My computer is the main one with our company file. The file works fine on mine, but the other 2 computers continually abort. It's up to 12 times a day. I've been away for the past 3 weeks and it has been happening more and more in this time. They always have my computer logged on so they can access the file via ethernet.

Dave, the owner, called and was connected remotely. It wasn't fixed and when Cass, my admin assistant called again the next day, he just said he thought it was fixed. It isn't. They're finding it very hard to work, especially when either are in the middle of a large invoice or quote etc, the program aborts & they lose all that work done.

This is a serious hinderance to our work.

Anyone have answers please?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

You could try rebuilding your data file in case there’s a problem there, otherwise I would say your internet connection

• ColonialWalls
    ColonialWalls Member Posts: 28
    Options

Thanks Kris.

I've done the rebuild a few times. I'm thinking along the same lines re internet. We have trouble with our phones in a similar way.

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I believe it is a network issue. You should have someone check your LAN network, for some reason if the other PC cannot connect to the file it could cause the issue.

To prevent it from happening, I would suggest having a Window Server that hosts the QBW file. Then anyone can remote access this server to work with Reckon. If any network issue happens, it only disconnects the remote session but when you log back in again, everything is still there to continue.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• ColonialWalls
    ColonialWalls Member Posts: 28
    Options

Thanks. Looks like I'll need maybe Geeks2U or someone to come out to look at the setup?

Regards

Kym