I have a customer who had a balance of $175.85 owing and they made a payment of $200.00 which was entered into received payments. Leaving a credit of $24.15 incl gst. I want to physically pay this money back to the customer. How do I go about entering this into Reckon?


  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,494 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

    If you use the cheque window and post to the accounts receivable account and put the customer in the customer name column it will offset the overpayment. It may also actually ask you as you enter it if you are using the credit associated with the customer. I think there are other ways as well but this is the one that comes to my mind immediately

  • Acctd4
    Acctd4 Accredited Partner Posts: 3,592 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

    In the Receive Payments window of this overpayment, you should see an option down the bottom asking if you want to retain it as a credit or refund it. If you select Refund ... it will automatically create this refund Cheque for you (made out to the Customer & posting to A/R) as per Kris's info above😊

    Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

    *** Reckon Accredited Partner (AP) Bookkeeper - specialising EXCLUSIVELY in Reckon Accounts / Hosted ! ***

    * Regd BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)* ICB-Certified Bookkeeper* Snr Seasonal Tax Consultant since 2003 *

    Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

    Ballajura, WA



    (NB: Please give my post a Like or mark as Accepted Answer if I have been able to resolve your query as this helps others when seeking solutions!)