Online banking payment numbers and ABA procedure to get started
Using Reckon Accounts Premier Desktop 2022 (Contractor edition).
I've just started using online banking to submit an ABA file to our bank. Have done one transaction this way, but have a couple of questions.
1) I paid two suppliers. The reference number for the payments to each (what would be the Cheque number had I paid manually or by cheque) is blank in the accounts list, and is listed as "To Send" if I click into the Bill Payment transaction. I need to have a number or reference for each payment still for filing/tracking purposes. (So I can go into a supplier's records and see that Bill Payment was made via a payment reference "x"). How can this be done?
2) When I went into the CBA Netbank site to upload the ABA file, it didn't recognise which bank account I wanted to pay the suppliers from, or the payment reference I had entered. (The details for each individual payee all came through correctly). It was an easy fix to re-enter this within Netbank, but shouldn't it have come through automatically?
3) I see discussion within the forum about using clearing or suspense accounts for use with ABA payments, rather than paying directly out of our cheque account. Is there anywhere I can find a precise list of how to set this up and the procedure for using it? What I have seen is not very clear and as I'm just starting out with this system I'd like to get it exactly right from the beginning. I can't find anything within the program's help file that talks about any of this.
Any help appreciated.
- All Categories
- 6.7K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.2K Reckon One
- 144 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 10 Reckon Invoices App
- 1.1K Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 18 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 107 Reckon API
- 946 Payroll Premier
- 115 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 325 Point of Sale
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 68 About Reckon Community