Upgrade to Reckon Accounts 2022 R2.

Options
KrissyBooks
KrissyBooks Member Posts: 14

Hi! I have been trying to upload STP to ATO and have received multiple instructions that my software is out of date and to upgrade to Reckon Accounts 2022 R2.

But when I download the upgrade and commence installation, I get a window telling me my system needs to be R1.

No matter what I do, I cannot proceed past this point.

Should I just wait until Monday and call Tech Support? I have been trying to remedy this problem since early October and am now very late with my September Quarter STP reporting

Thanks

KrissyBooks

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

you posted in Hosted but it sounds like you are using Desktop, correct?

• KrissyBooks
    Options

Hi Kris

Thanks for your reply

I have Reckon Accounts Plus 2022 - and I have just been following the prompts which then contradict the instructions further along with the process.

Any suggestions for me?

Thanks

KrissyBooks

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

This is what you should do - logon to the members site using your customer number, download the latest version

can you call me 0415940843 - easier to explain

• KrissyBooks
    Options

Thanks Kris - I have attempted every download there is - I shall take you up on your kind offer

I will log in and call you shortly

Regards

KrissyBooks

• Kris_Williams
    Options

I would actually like to login to see what’s there, so just call me

• KrissyBooks
    Options

Hello Kris

Well I downloaded the 2 x programs and updates

Rebooted

Uninstalled Reckon

Rebooted

Installed the Downloads

Rebooted

Finally found a Company file which I could upload (remember, my hard drive had failed when I had tried to do this back on 02/10/2022, so no established pathways and everything had to be discovered as if new)

Tried to upload STP to ATO

Nothing.

Ah well, such is life. Thanks for your help and it was a pleasure talking with you

I will call Support on Monday

Lotsa love

KrissyBooks

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Did you install the R2 tax table update?

• KrissyBooks
    Options

Yes and the pop-up still tells me to upgrade to R1, so no change to anything

But it's all a learning curve so, back to getting the non-STP tax up to date!

• John Connan
    John Connan Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Sounds EXACTLY like my problem. Why pay so much to waste 2 hours vainly trying to do what's 'right' without achieving anything. Waste of time. Waste of money. NOT good customer service, when it hasn't happened before. And I'm supposedly on level 1!

• KrissyBooks
    edited November 2022
    Options

Well, Dear Reader, I continued to try with no result, so today rang Tech Support and this is what happened:

Checked the Product and confirmed that my upgrade had worked and that I now had the R2 version

Opened Employees>Process Single Touch Payroll>Pay Run (any un-lodged pay period)>clicked an employee>exported to the STP Folder>renamed to Pay Run date>saved>Reckon opened automatically in browser>uploaded the new saved file .... and it worked!

Tech Support said that after upgrading to R2 - which we know I had done correctly, to go through and re-export the whole of the un-lodged Pay Runs so that the STP files themselves are in the updated format

Once I did that, I had no further problems and was able to develop a thythm and got it all done - including yesterday's Pay Run, in no time flat!

So the problem was not the upgrade, but trying to upload files to the STP portal generated through the previous software version. It was the files which were not compatible

Hope this helps

KrissyWoo

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Glad you got it sorted