SteveBMS Member Posts: 4 ✭
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hello Rav,

Thanks for that help, problem solved, you're a champ πŸ‘οΈ

Cheers,

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @SteveBMS

I have tried to adjust this, but it keeps staying the same,

Can you step me through the process you went through during the above where you mention you've tried making adjustments ie. what did you attempt to do and how?

Also, have you checked the 'initial YTD' tab in an employee's profile? The balances you see in the Pay Summary and/or EOFY finalisation are made up of all paid pay runs + any balance that is present in the initial YTD section. There's a more detailed breakdown on this in the article below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• SteveBMS
    Options

Hello Rav,

Thanks for the reply,

The step process so far has been,

1. Confirm all weekly pay entries are correct
    2. Go into "pay runs"
    3. I selected the "+" button in the top right-hand corner
    4. A screen comes up with three options, "new pay run" "new adjustment" "end of financial year"
    5. I selected EOFY
    6. Then selected FY21/22
    7. when the screen comes up with the details it shows the totals to be double the actuals

This is far as I can get,

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Right ok thanks for that.

If you go into the YTD Summary tab for one of your employees, does it show the doubled balances there as well?

If so, then I'd recommend that you check whether you've added any balances to the initial YTD section for an employee.

Tap on the 'View and update initial YTD balances' option at the bottom of the screen and confirm whether you see any balances that have been entered for the employee(s) there.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• SteveBMS
    Options

Hello Rav,

Thanks for that info,

I have done as you suggested, I have gone into the 2021-22 screen and it shows the doubled amount,

But when I go into the "View and update initial YTD balances' option" it shows the correct amount,

I have gone into the "Edit earnings Item" and it looks fine,

Thanks for the help so far,

• Rav
    edited December 2022
    Options

Ok cool, I think we've nailed down where things have been going wrong then.

So as I mentioned earlier, the YTD Summary for an employee is made up of all their pay runs that are marked as paid PLUS any initial YTD balance that has been entered for the employee. Since the balances are exactly double its counting both the pay runs you've created throughout the year + the balances that have been entered in the initial YTD section.

So, if you're going to the initial YTD section and its showing what you expect the full balance to be in reality prior to any pay runs being added to the mix then that's where things are going astray.

Now to solve this, one suggestion is to delete the initial YTD balances from the employee's profile. That will remove those balances from the overall YTD total. I'll add a short little screen capture below which shows how to remove initial YTD balances. Its a little bit of an older video so the app might look a little different to what it does now but the process is the same.

Let me know if you have any questions around this.

• Rav
    Options

Good work, glad its sorted πŸ‘