Accounts Hosted error message and shut down

Options
emmakavanagh
emmakavanagh Member Posts: 4

Every time I try to enter a cheque, I get an error message and Reckon shuts down. How can I rectify this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Try rebuilding your data (3 times). Is it only when entering a cheque?

• emmakavanagh
    Options

Hi Kris. Yes, thus far, only when entering a cheque. Please excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by rebuilding data, or should I say, what is the process to do that please?

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @emmakavanagh

The most likely cause of a problem that results in a crash is that the data file has sustained some type of data corruption that is preventing the software from saving the changes to the data file.

As indicated by @Kris_Williams a rebuild of the data file or at least even a file verification should be performed to determine what other issues may be present in the file.

How to perform a data file verification (Verify Data) in Reckon Accounts Hosted — Reckon Community

Recommend that you get over-the-phone or remote-access assistance via the Hosted Technical Support Team who can assist you with that data verification process if needed.

The other thing to consider would be things like:

1) When did you last successfully enter a cheque or other transaction without experiencing any problems

2) How often are you creating a backup of your data file using the built-in backup function of the Reckon Accounts Hosted application?

3) When did you last create a backup from a time when there were no problems yet apparent?

Depending on your backup interval frequency, availability of older error-free backups, it may be necessary to have your file submitted to the Data Recovery Team to undergo further analysis.

If so, then please ensure that you have first consulted with the Hosted Technical Support Team who can escalate your case.

• emmakavanagh
    Options

Thank you. I will contact the Technical Support Team to assist.

• emmakavanagh
    Options

After verifying data, I was able to fill in a cheque again. Thank you for your assistance, Kris and Tech support team.