Recording the date of sent Invoces and Estimates

Options
Lyn_10072495
Lyn_10072495 Member Posts: 40 āœ­

Im wondering if there is a surefire way of recording when I send via email, an Invoice or Estimate?

What I want to do is to be able to open up an Invoice or Estimate and find an automated note somewhere to say that this document was emailed on such and such a date.

I have a backup in place whereby all documents are BCC'd back to my office email, but this is still a time consuming method to trawl through. šŸ˜€

Best Answer

• NEILR
    NEILR Reckon Staff Posts: 29 Reckon Staff
    Answer āœ“
    Options

Hi Lyn,

On the Reckon Hosted Dashboard, there is an 'Email Report' that may help?

If you open this report, you can enter a date range and it will show a list of all emails sent with the date & time, To address, Subject and whether the email was delivered or bounced.

It does only show emails sent by the Reckon Hosted user running the report at the moment (rather than all emails sent by all users).

Answers

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

Hi Lyn,

Technically it can be done by monitoring the To Be Email checkbox from an invoice/estimate. If the checkbox is unticked recently (it was ticked before), it means an email has been sent. Then the date and time when it happens can be saved to a custom field.

.. but it might be a bit overkill as it is a custom solution that needs some coding.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited January 2023
    Options

Lyn

Rather than "trawling" through the BCC's, I have found that Microsoft Office's search function is very efficient. I store all BCC's from Hosted in a separate folder and once this is open it is easy to do a search for the customer name or invoice number - everything else filters out very quickly

• Lyn_10072495
    Lyn_10072495 Member Posts: 40 āœ­
    Options

Thank you Neil. This was exactly what I was looking for. I had no idea that this facility was even there!!