RECONCILING HOLIDAY LEAVE

Jenny Byrne
Jenny Byrne Member Posts: 61 ✭✭

what report do I use to reconcile holidays

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

What do you mean by reconcile holidays?

• Jenny Byrne

The account gave me a general journal for 21/22 and he has debited 3 employees with an adjustment to their holiday amount. That leaves them with hardly any holidays and I am in debit. I have used employee leave summary and created a spreadsheet from that. I dont know how he came to those figures. Yet to tell me. I have never reconciled annual leave because I assume that Reckon is correct.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited April 2023

If I have any doubts I do a manual calculation

date started

Annual leave accrued 4 weeks per year(in hours), you will have to work out the pro rata for the odd months

from Reckon you can get a report of leave taken, deduct from top line. This should agree with what is in the employee’s leave details tab. If it doesn’t and you’re positive your calculation is correct, I adjust it in the employee’s leave tab

i don’t know how a general journal could alter the balance of leave, only the leave liability amount on the balance sheet

• Jenny Byrne

Thanks Chris. I know in my leave tab the hours taken is wrong. I am sure my calculation is right inasmuch as I was owed 52 hours as at end of 2021-2022. So i will calculate to the end of last pay and change it in my tab. One of the employees is correct in his tab but the other is not. Would you have any idea why it works for one but no the other 2?

• Kris_Williams

Want to give me a call? 0415940843, easier to chat than type

• Jenny Byrne

Will call Monday. hanks for your help