Exporting Invoice Descriptions

Alex_10836088
Alex_10836088 Member Posts: 40 Reckoner Reckoner

We have a lot of invoices where information has been typed into the Description field - some have been entered beside an item, others with no items as shown

I'm needing to extract all information from the description - either as a report, IIF export or any other way.

Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks

Answers

• This content has been removed.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,616 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Copy and paste doesn’t work - pasting to possibly a word document?

• Alex_10836088

Thanks Kris - copy/paste does work - but I'm needing to extract from several hundred invoices over a period of time.

Happy to look at options like cData ODBC if anyone can confirm it would work for this ?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,616 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Wow that’s a big job, good luck with it

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 318 Reckon Star Reckon Star

Hi @Alex_10836088

I can create a script to export invoices within a range for you and extract the description fields to a text file (CSV or XML) so that you can use it.

Please email me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Phuong

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Alex_10836088

Just following up on needing to pull invoice line data over several months - not a task i wanted (or even could) do manually.

Phuong was amazing and quickly prepared a script/tool that allows me to pull data out as i need it - even tweaked changes afterward to get it working just right.

Phuong is highly recommended and easy to work with - thanks Phuong :)