BARCODE SCANNING DOES IT WORK IN RAH

Sharon Erdrich
Sharon Erdrich Member Posts: 21 Reckoner Reckoner

So., we tested 3 different barcode scanners on different products. Every scanner scans correctly when the scanned output goes to an excel spreadsheet.

But when we use ANY of the scanners in RAH, we get random numbers missing.

You can see from this the ACTUAL barcode, and the first three rows testing each scanner.

Then the variety of results when scanning the barcode into either the BARCODE field, ITEM SEARCH field, or CUSTOM field (data not shown).

Also, RAH screen JUMPS to another screen when a barcode is scanned to any field in RAH.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Things worked perfectly in Reckon Desktop...

Thanks

Sharon

Comments

• Unknown
    edited October 2023
    This content has been removed.
  • SuzyA
    SuzyA Member Posts: 17 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Sharon,

I haven't had this problem, but we are just starting to use barcoding shortly and I can't find any help on RAH about barcoding. I can't seem to get the barcode that is entered into an item to show up anywhere. Can you tell me where you found your instructions? There does not seem to be any info in the help section.

Thanks in advance if you can point me in the right direction and I hope somebody with some knowledge can help you!

Suzy.

• Sharon Erdrich
    Sharon Erdrich Member Posts: 21 Reckoner Reckoner
    edited November 2023

Hi Suzy. The way it's supposed to work is you simply use the scanner to put the Barcode into the Barcode field in Items . Then this becomes searchable. As well as being able to use it at POS and in invoices etc. Our problem is that Reckon is not reliably detecting the scanned number. It was fine when we used in in Enterprise (desktop).. so wonder if the cloud is a bit thick for it or something. So far Reckon have not been able to find a solution 😐️. We know it's not the scanner (we have 3, and the error occurs no matter which one we use.. but is 100% fine in excel).