permanent to casual

Jenny Byrne
Jenny Byrne Member Posts: 65 Reckoner Reckoner

Two staff members are going from permanent to casual for the last few weeks of the business operating. I have terminated them as permanent but not sure how to set them up again as casual. I dont want problems with STP. One of the employees is having his leave liability picked up by his new employee and the other is permanently retiring. Do I pay out the leave accrued for the person permanently retiring in that final termination pay? I use reckon hosted

Answers

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 223 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2023

Hi @Jenny Byrne,

I believe you should rehire them in the employee center and switch the job type to casual and remove the leave from accruing instead of creating a new record for the two staff members due to the employee number being associated with the employees' details in the STP Submission.

If you were to create new employees and add new employee numbers for the two staff, it will create two separate entries in MyGov Account.

Please let me know if you require further clarification and I can assist you.

Cheers,

Lucas

• Jenny Byrne

Lucas are you saying don't terminate them, just change to casual and then don't accrue leave. This is only going to be for a few weeks and then the business is closing down. Then the last pay will be a termination. Makes sense and it is not going to muck up STP. ThanksπŸ˜€

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 223 Reckon Staff

Hi @Jenny Byrne,

Yes, please do not terminate them and just change them to casual and then don't accrue anymore leave for them.

This will save your employees from having double entries for STP on MyGov.

I'm happy to help, have a good one.

Cheers,

Lucas

• Jenny Byrne

so helpful Lucas. I would have been in all sorts of trouble with STP