Why won't Reckon let me put a "c" in the CLR column

DrBennieReckon
DrBennieReckon Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member

I have used Reckon for many years. Yesterday, suddenly, I was trying to reconcile one of the accounts I have in Reckon and it would not let me type a "c" into the CLR column. Every time I tried to do it, Reckon tried to place the "c" in the "Payments" column. Thus, I can't reconcile my account at the end of the month. Any ideas. I've never seen this before? Should I just re-install Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 (which is what I have)?

Answers

• Edward Zawalski
    Edward Zawalski Member Posts: 17 Reckoner Reckoner

Bennie, I keep clicking in the CLR column until the c shows up.

• ricl8
    ricl8 Member Posts: 1 Novice Member Novice Member

This is also happening to me, I have tried clicking on the CLR field but the system then takes me to enter a value in the payment field. Any help most appreciated.

• DrBennieReckon

I solved the problem by dumb luck! I accidentally clicked on the right vertical line in the "Charge" column, i.e., the line that forms the left side of the CLR box. The "c" appears. If I click in the middle of the CLR box, nothing happens (and it takes me over to the "Payment" column just like ricl8 indicates happens for her/him. Clicking on the right line of the Charge box also seems to work for clearing a "Payment." As to why this works....I haven't a clue, but it has now worked without a hitch for a couple of weeks. Good luck. Hope it solves your problem as well.

• mobisam
    mobisam Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

I have been running the Australian version of Personal Plus since at least 2013 with copious updates and have this issue raise its head recently.

Thanks for the clue to click on the line between 'charge' and 'clr' as this works for me.

It has been frustrating me for several days so your solution has ungruntled me greatly

Still needs a fix from Reckon, though, especially as I am unaware of any updates, certainly not installed by me.

Does Reckon update in the background???

• Shocker
    Shocker Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

I have also had this problem since late January or early February.

I am running Reckon Personal Plus 2016, which is an installed desktop version. I can't see how Reckon could have updated the program on my machine remotely.

The right line left button click works for me, but you have to be very precise to get the line correctly.

• DrBennieReckon

Glad that I'm not the only one with this problem. Also, glad my "dumb luck" solution seems to work for others. I'm running Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 on my laptop (not online) and have used Quicken/Reckon since at least 2001. I love the software, but getting problems solved is generally a pain in the pitoo.

• mobisam
    mobisam Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Update since my 26 Feb comment - my 'Clr' column is now functioning correctly.

No idea why this has changed as there have been no updates (that I am aware of)

After using DrBennieReckon's suggestion I found clicking anywhere in the area where the 'Charge' cents are displayed worked. It looked like the activation area for 'Clr' was left-shifted but displayed correctly.

I hope everyone else with this issue sees the same change that I have

Thanks for all the contributions

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 488 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

I have a client whose CLR column is also fixed, I believe a windows update broke the ability to click dorectly into the CLR column correctly and another recent windows update fixed the ability to click in the CLR column.