Error: -6177, 0

Options
airwin04
airwin04 Member Posts: 1

Hello everyone, i just want to ask if you've encountered this type of Error: -6177, 0 on reckon files? and how to resolve the issue. Currently we are using Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2022 version. Thank you in advanced.

Comments

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 288 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hello @airwin04 ,

Typically, a -6177, -0 error means Reckon Accounts either cannot read the file's location, or does not have permission to where the file is located.

I need to ask a few questions to give you the best solution:

1. Where is the company file located?
    2. Has this issue only happened recently?
    3. Are you attempting to open a company file, or restore a backup?

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,285 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

I am free to help If you still need assistance

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 288 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @airwin04 ,

I replied to your PM the other day with a guide on handling the permissions of Reckon Accounts to resolve the -6177, -0 error. In case you didn't, here is what I sent:

Can you attempt to move the company file local to Reckon Accounts (eg. if Reckon is installed locally on the C:\ drive, can you copy the file to the Desktop, then attempt to open that copy of the file)?

If this is not possible, you may wish to refer to our article here: https://help.reckon.com/article/enblspc3sq as it is likely due to a permissions-level issue with Reckon Accounts and your security/firewall system.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support