STP

Options
tanyabennett
tanyabennett Member Posts: 4 ✭

Hi, My client accidently provided his wifes tax file number, rather than his. As we cant do a minus payrun to simply clear from one tax file number & add to the other, please advise how we can do this? We have been able to clear his wifes by the $0 reset, but his has a duplication on the STP at the ATO, although these figures are not the year to date on his corrected tax file number? We cant do a minus to clear the duplication so how if the ATO has the STP lodged as higher than it should can we amend this to balance to the actual pays & payruns? Thanks

Comments

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @tanyabennett ,

Since you have cleared the TFN of your employee, you will need to adjust it to his current TFN.

Once you have done that, you will need to resubmit the payrun to the ATO.

When you do so, check the box that says Submit as an adjustment.

When you toggle this option, it will send a special $0 payrun that will balance out the duplication and update the TFN of the employee.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• tanyabennett
    tanyabennett Member Posts: 4 ✭
    Options

Hi, thanks for the response, this is appreciated. There has been numerous adjustments as per advice from our adviser (whom is now not responding) & it just didn't work. This issue has happened for 4 years. The prior years did not work either & now we have had to contact the ATO & see if his wifes info can be adjusted as she now has a huge tax bill. They said it was the employers software that needs to fix this, which did not work as per the advice. I am happy to continue to see what the ATO can do, but I need the current year to be correct. I have attached a screen shot and my thoughts if you could confirm this will work that would be great.

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @tanyabennett ,

The screenshot you provided did not attach to your post.

If this is historical data, did you make this error in a different software package? Were you using the old STP application we released, or did you use Reckon One?

If either is the case, you can resubmit the old EOFY events to update the employee's TFN numbers so long as it has been modified in their record.

You may wish to keep in-touch with your adviser and see what they recommend for you to do.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support