Changing from Reckon Accounts desktop to Reckon online Payroll

Options
Suzeb
Suzeb Member Posts: 7 ✭

I have just changed to Reckon payroll from accounts desktop. I have set up all the employees and their year to date balances. The employee numbers are carried across too.

When I look under Compliance STP, I can see all of the previous lodgements made with the desktop software.

My question is, can I just start processing the current payruns and submitting STP?

Or do I need to create an update event with the previous BMS ID?

Is there anything else I need to do to transition successfully?

Comments

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 133 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Suzeb,

Welcome aboard to Reckon Payroll!

Yes, you can start processing the current pay runs and submitting the STP for your GovConnect without issue!

There is nothing else you would need to do as you have migrated and ensured all information is correct and accurate in Reckon Payroll before submitting.

Thank you and have a lovely day.

Cheers,

Lucas

• Suzeb
    Options

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Do I need to add/change anything in Reckon GovConnect?

regards

Suze

• Lucas
    Options

Hi @Suzeb,

You do not need to make changes in GovConnect as all submissions will now go through Reckon Payroll instead of GovConnect unless you have an advisor such as an accountant that completes your STP for you.

If you have any questions, please reply and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Lucas

• Suzeb
    Options

Sorry, yes the STP will be lodged as a Tax agent.

• Lucas
    Options

Hi @Suzeb,

When you begin lodging STP on behalf of a client, please ensure in GovConnect that you click add products and select Reckon Payroll to display the STP submissions:

Everything else will be the same onwards as if you were using Desktop except you will not need to upload any files as that is completed through Reckon Payroll before officially sending off to the ATO in GovConnect.

Cheers,

Lucas

• Suzeb
    Options

Too easy, thanks so much😊

• Lucas
    Options

You're welcome! If you ever require assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.

Cheers,

Lucas