Error - A link between your client and your agent number does not exist for the selected task

Tom1237
Tom1237 Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi team,

I recently submit STP via Reckon GovConnect but there is error. In the past, I'm the tax agent for my client, but now I just do their payroll and they got a new tax agent. Could you advise me what I need to do.

Best Regards

Thomas Nguyen

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Tom1237

You'll need to review the registered tax agent details that have been entered in the STP entity for the ABN.

• Go into GovConnect and click Open on the specific STP entity for the ABN
    • Click on the Company & Adviser Info button
    • Are you listed as an advisor here? (screenshot below)

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Tom1237
    Tom1237 Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav,

Iam listed as an advisor here already but there is still error.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Cool thanks for confirming. I'd say that's where things are going wrong.

You've mentioned in your opening post that you are no longer the tax agent for this client so I assume that you are no longer listed as the agent in the tax agent portal, is that correct?

If you are no longer the registered tax agent for this STP entity you will need to remove the listing from the STP entity.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.