RAH MFA

JO-ANNE_7327707
JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 331 Reckon Star Reckon Star
edited July 5 in Accounts Hosted

I am finding with this new feature, I am logging in first thing in the morning and it is not asking for the mfa.

After a period of time, usually a couple of hours, it is shutting down and when I log back in, it is asking me for MFA.

Shouldn't it be asking me for the MFA when I first log in each morning?

Comments

• klaura
    klaura Reckon Staff Posts: 205 Reckon Staff

Hi JO-ANNE_7327707,

MFA is valid for 24 hours and your session tokens are still active from a previous login, it explains why you’re not being prompted for MFA at your initial login this morning.

Best regards,

Karren

• JO-ANNE_7327707

okay, but why is the software shutting down?

That is not ideal.

• klaura

Hi JO-ANNE_7327707,

When you say software shutting down, do you mean it logged you off due to inactivity? Did you get a message similar to this?

Best regards,

Karren

• JO-ANNE_7327707

no, I didn't get that message. I was using the software and it shut down. It happens most mornings.

I login by 7am every morning, the software shuts down between 8am to around 9am each morning. The screen goes black.

• klaura

This is strange. Does it kick you off from the company file or shuts the Reckon Hosted down?

• JO-ANNE_7327707

RAH shuts down. I have to log back in.

• klaura

Hi JO-ANNE_7327707,

As you mentioned, it occurs almost every morning. There are a number of possible causes for this, including idle timeouts, and drop in internet connection. I suggest getting in touch with us https://www.reckon.com/au/contact-us/ if it occurs again so we can investigate it further as it happens real time

Best regards,

Karren