Email report as a Spreadsheet

Options
Linda_7590330
Linda_7590330 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭

Not working

Error: HR=80070003, error = (chinese symbol)

Does anyone have a solution? Please?

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry, in regard to the file name I was more referring to the name of your actual company file itself eg. my test file is Rav TEST in the screenshot below.

Are there any special characters in your file name by any chance?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,321 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

google search seems to imply a windows error, have you tried logging off and restarting computer?

• Linda_7590330
    Options

Hi Kris, thanks

This has been happening for more than 12 months but only just got frustrated enough to ask the question ;-)

I can export the file and download it OK but as the option is there to email the report as a spreadsheet, just wondering why it doesn't work?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Linda_7590330

Which report specifically are you attempting to email from Hosted?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda_7590330
    Options

Hi Rav

Today it was a P&L but I am unable to email any report as a spreadsheet. In the past, I have tried Tax Detail, Supplier transaction detail, Balance Sheet for example, and any number of others, with the same result.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @Linda_7590330

I've tried testing it out by generating a few reports then using the Email as Spreadsheet option and it seems to have worked normally in my case on each report. With that said, my test file doesn't have a great deal of data in it so I'm unsure if that's a contributing factor.

Where does that error message appear specifically? As soon as you click the Email as Spreadsheet button?

Do you have any special characters in your file name by any chance?

Aside from the above, do you have any issues sending emails out from Hosted when performing other tasks? eg. emailing out invoices or payslips etc

• Linda_7590330
    Options

Thanks Rav

The error message appears as soon as I click Email as a Spreadsheet but there is no file name?

Emailing invoices etc works fine

• Linda_7590330
    Options

Sorry, it's "Company name t/a Trading Name - Reckon Accounts Hosted Edition 2023". Unless the / is a special character?

• Linda_7590330
    Options

Hi Rav - I have just removed the "/" and it is working fine now - thank you

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,079 Reckon Staff
    edited April 22
    Options

@Linda_7590330

Glad to hear that resolves the issue for you and is a good tip for other users who visit this post in the future who are similarly affected.