"Defined Field" - How can I find what customised report[s] is using it?

Options
Peter Tisdall
Peter Tisdall Member Posts: 21
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
"Defined Field" - How can I find what customised report is using it, without looking into the 319 customised reports ? I want to REMOVE it so it is available for a new field. Reckon Hosted. Customer > Edit > Additional Info.

Comments

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hmm, it's a hard one. I don't think there is a way to tell which reports are using a custom field rather than looking into each of them.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Peter Tisdall
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just as I expected. Reckon gives me the 'warning' without defining the actual report[s]. If they know it is in USE, then display the results - PLEASE.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Have you tried an all transaction report or general ledger filtered by the 'defined field', some 'defined fields' actually show up in report lists, just not payroll :(
  • Peter Tisdall
    edited November 2016
    Options
    oh to have all the time needed to go thru every report.  I feed this is a lack of functionality, not a user issue.  Using the system to create reports, flag as memorised and later use them is not a user error.  The system needs to tell you more in the dialogue box when a field you no longer want, is in fact in use somewhere - don't give me a screen that will ultimately annoy me - give me some direction, be more descriptive and point to the report[s] in question.  You went to the effort to TELL me the data field is in use, but failed to define the report.