"Unbilled" Costs

Options
Ruth Holmes
Ruth Holmes Member Posts: 6
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Could someone check for me if the filter "Billing Status" is working correctly when we ask for "Not Billable"?  I am presuming this should pick up on all expenses that have not been allocated to a Customer?  But I can't seem to get it to work. If I ask for "Not Billable" I get nothing in my report, where I know I should have plenty. 
Is there a better way to go about finding all the expenses that are not "billed" to a Customer?
Thanks in advance. 
Ruth

Comments

• Shannon Sciuto
    Shannon Sciuto Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Ruth, 

"Not billable" in the billing status indicates account costs or time that have been given a customer: job but the billable button hasn't been ticked.  

It sounds like you need a transaction report where the customer field is blank.   OR go to Profit & Loss by job report and the final column will be for transactions with no customer:job. 

Also, in case you didn't know, you can set your preferences to make sure that every transaction must have a customer:job assigned before saving. 

Shannon Sciuto
    Cinch Administration 
  • Ruth Holmes
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks Shannon.  That makes sense.

How would I do a Transaction Report where the Customer is blank? I've tried a Profit & Loss and changing the Columns to Customer:Job, but the Expenses drops out of the "No name" column if there is no job assigned.  I can do a Transaction Detail by Account, and then total by Supplier, and I can easily see which are not allocated.  But it would be nice just to see only the ones that are not allocated & not have to peruse the whole list. 

Where is the preference to make sure every transaction must have a customer:job? There was a  reminder, but someone hit the "Do not display this message in the future".  It would be ideal that if everything was put to a certain account it HAS TO have a customer assigned. 

The other thing I've noticed too if they've used a COGS it can't be "billable".  Is there a work around that do you know? Other than making sure it goes in as an item?
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    There is no preference to remind you to enter a customer:job (only class tracking).

If you want the pop up messages again go to Edit>preferences>General>my preferences tab & tick "bring back one time messages"

You have an 'unbilled costs by Job report, which gives you the transactions with customer/jobs entered but not yet billed out the the customer.

You have an 'expenses not assigned to jobs' report, go to Reports>Industry pacific>contractors reports>'expenses not assigned to jobs'

Hope this helps
  • Ruth Holmes
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Perfect Kim.  Thanks. 

The "expenses not assigned to jobs" is exactly what I was I was looking for.  I'd not even thought to look under "Contractor Reports" as its a manufacturer.  Pays to think outside the square!!!  Thanks. 

• Shannon Sciuto
    Shannon Sciuto Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Apologies Ruth!!! I had my jobs and classes muddled up!!  Lucky Kim was here to save the day!!