aba preview is incorrect

Options
Syl
Syl Member Posts: 13
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi. I am trying to process payroll but when i go to preview the ABA file it comes up with a transaction from few weeks ago and not with any of the employees im trying to pay today. Not sure how to fix it.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Syl,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

So the transactions you see in the Preview ABA file do not appear in the To Bank section of the Online Banking Section?

Do you use more than one bank account? And is the correct one selected at the top in the Financial Institution field?

regards,
    John

• Syl
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi John,
    We do use two separate bank online accounts. The transactions in the preview ABA are old transactions already exported. When creating a new ABA i double check that the correct bank is being selected. The preview continuously shows the old transactions, but when you go to create ABA file it comes with "auregfind Query failed". It does import to one of the bank accounts but will not to the other. Hope there is an easy fix for this.
    Thank you heaps for your help.
    Syl
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks Syl for the additional information.

There are two possible reasons for this behaviour and they are outlined in our KB article:  Why can't I access the Online Banking Centre to view and create ABA files in QuickBooks QBi? 

The issues are either illegal characters in your company name, or a failure of the software to recognise the  ABA file location.

Hope this gets you going.

regards,
    John

• Syl
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank you John for your help. I will look into this. Thanks :)
  • Leisa_6962530
    Leisa_6962530 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hi Syl and John,
    I am having the exact same problem with Reckon Accounts Premier 2014.  The main file is kept on the server with all ABA files going to the same location.  Once I try to complete an ABA file the very first file I created when 2014 was updated shows instead of the current ABA file I am trying to produce.  I have been able to get around this in the past few months by going into file history and selecting the ABA file I created to print for each week of payroll, however, my luck has stopped and now I am losing transactions.  I can use the manager's computer and her log in is Admin and there aren't any problems at all but this isn't a solution to our problem.

I am also getting the 'auregfind Query failed" message.  What does this message mean?   How can I fix this so that the ABA file preview is current?
  • Dharmesh
    Dharmesh Alumni Posts: 11
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi Leisa,

Thanks for your post.

The Issue:

It appears the Accounts Business application does not have sufficient permission to view the current ABA file from the temporary location it is written to.   

When blocked it is directed to find other ABA files, and will locate the last one created - whether from this company file or another - which is saved in another location which does allow the Accounts Business application access.

Workaround:

Launch Accounts Business with Compatibility activated for Run this program as an Administrator.

1.  Right-click your Accounts Business launch icon
    2.  Select Properties > Compatibility
    3.  Tick the box: Run this program as an Administrator
    4.  Click OK to save.

Terminal Server users should continue with the following:

Grant domain users Full Access to these folders:

1.  C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2014\HtmPages
    2.  C:\ProgramData\Reckon\Reckon Accounts 2014\Accounts Enterprise 2014

Hope this help.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

• Leisa_6962530
    Leisa_6962530 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Dharmesh,

After writing this post, I convinced the manager to change our company name to exclude the "&" symbol... the ABA file now works.

Thank you.