Reckon Accounts will upgrade but not run Quicken Personal Plus 04 file

Options
Rod Laird
Rod Laird Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have been using Quicken since last millenium - upgrading to the Personal Plus edition in 2004. A move to windows 8 has forced me to upgrade to the current version of Quicken (ReckonAccount Personal).
This version opens updates and validates my old file - and then refuses to open it saying "features not activated - investing, business". WTF?!

What am I supposed to do to get access to my old files with a current quicken version. I paid my money  - I expect it to work!

As it happens I have shifted all the program files, dll's and appdata files from their respective locations on an old Windows 7 system image backup and can run QW 2004 and work on my files under windows 8.1. But I am certainly NOT happy about a new version for which I have paid - which does not work... Grrr. And I do not feel like paying $5/minute for a help line to fix a product problem. Double Grrrr...

Maybe it's time to migrate all to MYOB or something.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Rod,

Welcome to Reckon Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

It certainly can be frustrating when things do not work as you expected. I'd like to look into this matter for you, though I'm not quite clear on which product you have recently purchased. Did you buy Reckon Accounts Personal or Personal Plus?

Thank you for your continued loyalty and I look forward to your response!

Cheers,
    Mirko
  • Rod Laird
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks for responding Mirko

I bought AccountsPersonal - and I simply use Quicken to maintain a long term record of accounts - no share price info etc etc. So I saw/see no reason for anything complex. ...

I also could not see an obvious trial option so I ended up buying the personal version...

I have since found the trial link and downloaded the Plus version - which does work as it happens. So it seems I will have to go back and buy the upgrade - and end up paying a significant premium over the cost of having bought it up front. Humbug.

In any case, it seems there is no mysterious problem for you to solve - and I do thank you again for taking the trouble to engage.

cheers (but still slightly grumpy ;-) )

Rod
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Rod,

Thank you for the further details. I'm glad to hear you were able to find the trial link and that it worked. I would suggest giving the Reckon customer service line a call on 1800 RECKON to discuss your upgrade options. As you already had the Quicken Plus prior, you are still eligble for the upgrade pricing. Please give them a call during business hours and they can make all the arrangements for you and hopefully make you jovial instead of grumpy (the last thing we want is grumpy customers!).

Hope all gets worked out, and againg thanks for your ongoing loyalty!

Regards,
    Mirko

• Rod Laird
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yep - they cancelled and will refund the first purchase, leaving just the upgrade I had also paid. So thanks for the tip.

Jovially

Rod
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Rod,

I'm happy to hear that your feeling better, and all has been sorted.

Cheers,
    Mirko
  • ecco
    ecco Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2017
    Options
    HI Rod

Would you recommend reckon personal plus after using quicken 2006 nz version. It still does everything I want but I have to run windows xp which isn't supported anymore.