Amending an Annual PAYG Payment Summary

Belinda_8323426
Belinda_8323426 Member Posts: 37
edited August 2019 in Payroll Premier
Does anyone know how I submit an amended Annual PAYG Payment Summary to the ATO via EMPDupe file without re-sending all the PAYG Payment Summaries again that haven't been amended?
I have recently discovered that by simply lodging an amended EMPDupe file via ATO Portal it does not override historical information for individuals, it simply adds another file to the individuals tax records, which therefore is causing confusion for the client.
I read on a thread that you 'simply edit the EMPDupe file in Notepad by changing reference to 'O' (Original) to 'A' (Amended), however, I can't find any mention of these references in the Notepad view of the EMPDupe File.
Please Help!

Comments

• Belinda_8323426
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Kevin

Ok so I did a search within Notepad and, apart from all the O's in addresses and names, the 'O' flag is located among all the zero's.  Is this correct?

Also, the advice from the ATO is that you should only submit amended PAYG Payment Summaries for those that are amended.  However, I can't see anywhere within the process that gives you the option to deselect or untag any employees before creating the EMPDupe file.

Any suggestions?
  • Belinda_8323426
    edited March 2018
    Ok, just I've just determined that ALL flags should be changed to 'A' rather than fiddling about having to delete anyone from the list.

It would be really great if Reckon could include a tick box or something similar to make this process simple, because, I'm sure lot's of people have discovered the same issue after submitting amended EMPDupe files, or at least they will do when their employees come to lodge their tax returns :-)
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2018
    Hello Belinda,

A guide for Amended Empdupe and Payment Summaries is available here.

You will need to set all employees not being amended to a flag of No in the Employee file and then generate payment summaries and empdupe in the normal manner.  Check that the Payment Summary has "This is an amended Payment Summary" printed on it and then generate the  Empdupe which will post an "A" in the Amended and contain only those employees being amended. 

regards,
    John
  • Belinda_8323426
    edited March 2018
    Thank you John!  That was very helpful.
    It worked perfectly and the amended EMPDupe file is now with the ATO.