Back Up to OneDrive (Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013)

Options
Lionel Johnson
Lionel Johnson Member Posts: 31
edited December 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just started using Microsofts OneDrive for back ups. Which file/s should I upload to OneDrive for backing up? When I look in my current back up folder, I have the following files: .HCX, .IDX, .QEL, .QPH, .QDF and .RKN. There is also a folder with my attachments.

Comments

• Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hi Lionel,

Welcome to Reckon Community!

Pertaining your query, in terms of the backup, in Reckon Accounts Personal Range 2013, you can select to Backup data to compressed archive file with a file extension of RKN which will include ALL the file extension aforementioned.

If you don't use that option, you need to ensure that all of those files are kept together when backing up. In addition, you need to backup the Attachment folder in order to have the present attachment on the file included.

For more information, you can go to our Reckon Knowledge Base by clicking here.

Hope it helps!

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel
  • Lionel Johnson
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.  May I make sure that I understand you correctly?  If I was to upload just the RKN file to OneDrive (Microsoft's cloud program), I would then have a complete backup of all my data, including attachments, on OneDrive?
  • Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi Lionel,

If you save the RKN file onto the OneDrive, it will consists of all the files HCX, IDX, QEL, QPH, and QDF.

The Attachment folder would need to be backed up as well separately as it is not included on the RKN file.

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel 

• Lionel Johnson
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thank you.  My question is answered.