Can open file in single user but not multi-user mode. Multi user gives h202 error

Options
Craig Shield
Craig Shield Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

We have Reckon Enterprise (Trial) installed in the following manner:

1) Database Server only on Windows Server 2012

2) Client only on Windows 8 desktops

Have reviewed and actioned settings as per:

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4434

http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=3626

http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=3878

* Have tried access via a UNC path AND via a mapped drive.

* Have tried renaming the file so that there are no spaces.

The following scenarios work:

1) Open the file in Single User Mode

2) (when we had the client software on the server) we could open it in multi user mode, which would then force the other clients into multi-user mode

If we try to get the clients to go to Mutli-User mode we get the H202 error.

Firewall is set for all ports and for all applications inbound and outbound.

We are now wasting heaps of time to get this 'simple' setup working - maybe a real database server would be a good option for future versions (I still don't get why we browse to a file location to open a connection via a 'database server' seems counter-intuitive for a 'server')

Comments

• Craig Shield
    edited June 2014
    Options

May have gotten a step further to resolving this issue.  Found an obscure post on Stack Overflow (will post the link here later when I find it again) a developer website (yes I am a developer), that there is spurious problems when you connect using UNC and a non-NetBIOS name.

So where this is not working I am using [[servername]].[[localdomain]].  I created an entry (because I can modify our local DNS, but adding a hosts-file entry would work similarly) for just [[servername]] pointing to the IP address and this appears to be working most of the time now (need to do some further 'stress' testing).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I also had a similar issue getting Reckon Accounts 2014 running on Windows Server Standard 2012 R2. Issues I encountered and the resolutions below.

Couldn't install QB File server initially - Ran in Win7 Compatibility mode with Administrator rights. Once installed I could not get Multi User mode working on client desktops (running Win 7) so installed the full app using above settings. Still no luck with multi user.

Multi User Mode Fix - I tried many different fixes (Changing Path from shared drive, UNC etc, firewall rules, reinstalls etc etc.) The only thing that worked was disabling the IE Enhanced Security Configuration (IE ESC). Once this was disabled, I deleted the .NP files and re-searched for files using the Database File manager. Multi User mode now works and is stable.
  • Craig Shield
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi David, was that setting that you had to disable on the client, or on the server?