Can't upload two QIF files to Reckon One - the data from the first one disappears

Options
Patrick_7861800
Patrick_7861800 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2020 in Reckon One
If I upload a QIF bank file to Reckon One, then try uploading a second QIF file, the data from the first one disappears if it has not first been allocated/coded. Why aren't multiple uploads allowed? Surely there should at least be a warning that the first lot of data will be lost?

Comments

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Why would they need to be? Allocate the 1st file then the 2nd. Not that hard to work around.
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Options
    17/05/2016

Hi Patrick,

You have provided some good feedback.

I agree with your comment about showing a warning message with the current behaviour (i.e. only allowing single file uploads).

So when uploading a file where the account already has an existing 'open' upload file. The warning message would alert you to this & provide a choice to...
    a) cancel the new upload so you can complete the existing 'open' upload
    b) continue with the new upload & override the previous 'open' upload

I think that the functionality of allowing multiple concurrent uploads for a single account could enhance the product.

I regularly upload files for certain bank accounts & the scenario of needing to import multiple files concurrently isn't something that I personally have needed to do in the past (not to say that it isn't a valid scenario). For yourself, is this a scenario that you would do on a regular basis? If so, perhaps you could add some more information to this thread. I'm curious to understand if there is a particular reason or scenario where the current single file upload behaviour isn't satisfactory & could potentially flag this under 'must have' functionality vs 'nice to have' functionality for Reckons consideration. 

I also use the bankdata feature/module in Reckon One for two of my bank accounts & this eliminates the need to do manual file uploads for those accounts.