connection to company has been lost

Options
GSharry
GSharry Member Posts: 13
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am using Accounts 2013 loaded on Windows 8. Twice now I have received the following message and lost all my work. "Problem. The connection to the company file has been lost. Quickbooks must close immedicately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered. Solution> The problem may be caused by the way Quick books is set up on your network, For the most reliable setup, you should install Quick books on the computer where the company file is located and perform a quick one time set-up. etc" When I re-open QB there is nothing left. No hint that there was ever a file there. I have been backing up after every few entries so as not to get caught out again. Can you please explain what I have to do to fix this. Thanks

Comments

• Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Gsharry

Welcome back to Reckon Community.

There could be two issues looking at your situation.
    1) Reckon accounts closing abruptly, possbily due to file issue or PC configuration issue.
    2) Reckon Accounts not remembering the file locations. As you said you cannot see the file on its location.

For the first issue, as your connection is droppiing out, it could be the file issue or the firewall issue on your PC. I would suggest first to rebuild the data file to fix any interanl issue of the file.
    To rebuild please go to the file menu at the top -> utilities -> rebuild file.
    Should the issue further exist try disableing the firewall and other suggestions as provided here,  http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=280

Regarding your second issue as you cannot see the file if it was created, possibly the file is stored on differnent location. With the new version Reckon Accounts 2013, this issue was identified and the fix has been issued as described in http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=4892 . please go to this link and create the folder for QuickBooks 2013  as described. You will than still have to open the file using the browser for the first time, and if it closes down and reopened, it will remember the file location in future.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know how this goes.

Regards

Shisir