dishonoured cheques - reconciling bank account

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
A client's cheque was dishonoured.  I have re-invoiced it, but how do I process the dishonoured cheque amount in the bank reconciliation?
Photo of Nicole


  • 340 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

  • 2,872 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nicole,

Set up two new items called Bad Cheque and Bad Cheque Fee with the Type "Other Charges", Tax code is FRE and Account is your bank account to which the cheque was dishonoured.  

Then create a new invoice for the customer with the items Bad Cheque and Bad Cheque Fee as per your statement.  You can then forward this invoice to your customer and apply any new payments against the invoice.

Hope this helps, any problems, let me know.