error 6000,83 and error 6178 and error 80070057

Options
Jonathan_6964649
Jonathan_6964649 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi guys, I recently purchased a copy of Reckon Account Premier 2014 with 5 licence for my business. It's a nice software been running fine for the past few weeks. Yesterday I decided to expand my business for a little bit and used my second license on another computer under the same roof. The idea was to set my computer as a server, hosting the company file on my computer and allowing the others to access and make change to it. I have followed the instructions off from the internet about "installing quickbooks with company server option" and I have also set permission for everyone to open the "company file" on my computer. Now here are the problems. 1st. Every time when I'm running quickbooks, and the other person tries to open his, error 80070057 will pop up and stops from there 2nd. If the other person tries to open the "company file", and I'm not running quickbooks, error 6000,83 will appear. 3rd. There was at one stage an error 6178 appeared . Cheers

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Jonathan, welcome to the Reckon Community.

Thanks for your post. The errors you are encountering usually indicate an issue with how the network was set up. This article goes into Troubleshooting to check the set up of the Network: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=404

Hope it helps and I'm keen to hear how you go!

Cheers,
    Mirko