Why does my email fail with the error code 00000000 (0) at line 921 in sendemail.cpp?

Options
Jan Bumpstead
Jan Bumpstead Member Posts: 1
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
error code 00000000 (0) at line 921 in sendemail.cpp  comes up when I'm trying to email an invoice.  It worked fine before yesterday.  thanks    Jan

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Jan,
    Happy New Year.

Sorry you are having some difficulty sending emails.  Go to the Online Preferences window and look at the Display each email when sending more than one.  If the option is ticked, untick it.  if it is unticked, tick it.  Now try again.

If this does not resolve the issue see the article http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=4005 for other possible solutions.

Hope this resolves the issue for you.

Regards,
    John
  • Einar Hansen
    Einar Hansen Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have just upgraded to ReckonAccounts Plus 2013. Cannot email. Get Internal error at line 947 in sendemail.cpp. I have just upgraded to ReckonAccounts Plus 2013 and have a problem emailing. It comes up with an error" Internal error at line 947 in sendemail.cpp
  • Craig Hines
    Craig Hines Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have had the same problem. Ticking the "Display each email..." sort of fixes it, only the email takes a long time to appear, and it doesn't come up in the foreground, you have to go into Outlook folders to find it. I would suffer this myself, but it is a global setting so all users will be affected by it. We ended up turning it off and I am stuck with having to close Outlook before emailing - then it works normally but you have to open Outlook again before it actually sends the email.

This is Windows 10 and Outlook 2016. Another fix is to set Outlook to always "Run as Administrator". This has a side effect where Outlook search indexing doesn't work - this is quite important for going through email history so I can't leave that set either.
  • Craig Hines
    Craig Hines Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ... Another fix which has worked on another PC in this office with a similar problem (error in line 947), hasn't worked on my PC...

If you still cannot email you can try modifying the QBW.INI file located at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QBW.ini and add the following lines at the bottom of the  file.  To open it, right click, select Open With and choose Notepad:  Scroll to the bottom of the file and add:

[DEBUGGING]
    SIMPLEMAPI=1