How do I restart Import Bank Statement into Reckon Accounts Hosted after being logged out

Options
Malcolm Allen_807053
Malcolm Allen_807053 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2016 in Accounts Hosted
How do I not have to go back to the beginning of importing a large bank statement (or worse end up with double entry imports)? I have a large bank statement to import via .qif file (maybe 1,000 transactions). After importing most transactions (using the Add Multiple button, etc.) just fine I was left with 179 to enter manually, individually. Reckon Hosted takes a long time to load each on (like 10-20 seconds after clicking the Add to register button). This adds up to an hour+ of just sitting at the screen doing repetitive tasks (even though many of the transactions are to be allocated to the same account because Reckon doesn't recognise the payee it requires each transaction to be entered individually. I had to leave the Import Statement screen in the middle of this extremely tedious task for a while and when I came back I found I had been logged off. On logging back on the Import Statement screen was no longer visible. Reckon Hosted seems to be requiring me to go back to restarting the Import Statement. I'm obviously not going t face that again - what's the effective solution for continuing the Import where I left off (and if possible allowing faster entry of adding single items)?

Comments

• Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for your post.

I have tried calling you earlier to discuss about the issues and have left the message for you.

What I know is, once you have imported and if you have allocated to the transactions, as long as you are saving that particular transactions, even if it throws you out of hosted, next time when you log back in, you should see those transactions under Online banking centre and should be fine to continue. I am eager to know if you cannot see the statement at all on the 'Online banking centre'.

If you like, you can feel free to test it with us, so please feel free to contact us on 1300 799 150.

Regards,

Babi

• Malcolm Allen_807053
    Malcolm Allen_807053 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thanks Babi - as you know I did answer your call but as you did not call at the agreed time I was unable to talk to you. I see my more detailed clarification questions have been deleted. I will make another post.