I have downloaded Personal Plus 2019 onto a new computer. I have been unable to xfer backup from the old computer with all the files etc

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
I have downloaded Personal Plus 2019 onto a new computer. I have been unable to xfer the backup from the old computer with all the files etc
Photo of Kaye Reeves

Kaye Reeves

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 6,050 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Kaye, best way to transfer to a new computer is to manually transfer the 6 files used by each of you Reckon files, rather than use a Backup version.  Don't know why but it will save you a lot of hassles if you do it manually.
Photo of Kaye Reeves

Kaye Reeves

Thanks I’ll try that method. I’ve never had a problem before as the new program just picked up and updated the files. It’s all occurred because of trying to xfer to a new computer. Not sure I have the necessary computer knowledge but I’ll give it a go. Another learning curve!!
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 6,050 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Kaye, if you're unsure how to copy manually I'd be happy to guide you through it.  If you'd like, email me at david.stewart@optusnet.com.au
Photo of David Hunt

David Hunt

• 630 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
If you are using attached files, scanned receipts etc - I'd suggest copying the entire folder tree where you data file sits ie.the 6 files and anything else stored beside or underneath it, otherwise all those links will be gone copying just the data files. 
Photo of Kaye Reeves

Kaye Reeves

Thanks I’ll investigate to see if I can do that