I get a MAPI error code at line 483 in sendmail.cpp. My outlook is open and it still doesn't send.

Options
George Labbad
George Labbad Member Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, I hope this hasn't already been asked and I am wasting someones time. I have just upgraded to Reckon accounts 2014 and I am trying to email a batch of invoices. I get a MAPI error code at line 483 in sendmail.cpp. It also come up with a message saying unable to open your email message store.  My outlook is open and it still doesn't send.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi George,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem with emailing.  

To help you better could you please let us know:
    • Your Office Outlook version - 2013, 2010, etc
    • is it 32-bit or 64 bit?
    • your operating system - Windows 8.1, Windows 7, etc
    • is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
    • your product Edition - EasyStart, Accounting, etc.
    One step you can try is in Edit > Preferences > Online, tick or untick the option Display each email when sending more than one.  Does it alter your experience?

regards,
    John

• George Labbad
    George Labbad Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi John,

Not sure if you got my reply earlier in the day but it doesn't appear on here.

I am running windows 8.1 and outlook 2013. Not sure what bit they both are.

Saying that, I have just phoned tech support and they have told me to run both Outlook and quickbooks as an administrator and now everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

George

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good to hear George,

You may find our Community Note on Windows 8.1 helpful in gaining full efficiency of your Accounts Business:
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/reckon_accounts_windows_8_0_8_1_ie10_11

regards,
    John