LODGING EMPDUPE FILES

Options
JO-ANNE_7332490
JO-ANNE_7332490 Member Posts: 105
Please can someone help me....I have tried continuously to lodge a client's EMPDUPE file. and keep getting this error message.  "Please contact your software developer. The file size is not a correct multiple of the record length." I have made changes as per previous suggestions. ie changed names, updated employee details. All to no avail. I am a wits end now. Can someone please help me urgently

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi Jo-Anne,

Have a look in company information (Company > Company Information), look at the ABN field (Tax Rego ID), there is a second smaller box next to it.  If you have anything in that field at all, you will need to make sure its 3 digits in length, for example if you have 01 make it 001. 

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
    Shane.

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Jo-Anne,

Have you tried running it through the ECI? That is normally pretty good at pinpointing errors!

Otherwise what medium are you using to lodge it? I.e. GovReports, GovConnect, portal, etc.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Shane, I have the small box empty. I have checked it a couple of times. Thank you.

Sally. No I haven't tried running it through the ECI. I am trying to lodge it through the portal

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Probably tried it already. have all the employees got TFN.
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    tnks Kathy, have checked and re checked all employee details. thank you
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Jo-anne, this is a great troubleshooting guide for Emdupe files. There is also a known error on the ATO end for payment summaries which may also be affecting things (see: https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/ato-unable-to-open-payment-summary-lodgement-file-from-go...)
  • Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Jo-Anne,

What version of Reckon Accounts were you using (open Reckon Accounts and press Ctrl and 1 at the same time - the top line has the full version details)?  And is it last payroll years EMPDUPE file your submitting?

Thanks.
    Shane.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Jo-Anne,

Try downloading and running the ECI to see if that helps to work out the error.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh