Not displaying the billed Company name on invoice

Tash Schipp
Tash Schipp Member Posts: 23
edited May 2017 in Reckon One
I am trying to now add a huge pile of invoices to reckon one but when i print invoices- the companies name who i am billing is not showing. Only their address.
Is there an easy fix to this?
 imageimage

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2017
    Tash

When you attempt to PRINT the invoice,  next to the PRINT button, is a TEMPLATES button.

Click TEMPLATES,  and you'll observe which (of many) templates is currently SELECTED.

Next to the 'Selected' word,  is a MANAGE link.  Click MANAGE,  and ensure your selected TEMPLATE has ticked the HEADER item in the  Letterhead called:  "Company name",  like this screenshot shows near bottom lower section of the example here:

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799
    e:  [email protected]
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    “Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant”
  • Tash Schipp
    edited April 2017
    Yep. Checked that before asking.
    In their contact card everything is there- customer name, display name. 
  • Tash Schipp
    edited April 2017
    I figured out a way. I have to edit all my contacts to include their company name on the top line of their address in their contact card. More work but i guess it will work long term
  • gazza73
    edited April 2017
    Hmmm.... that surprises me,  because the creation process of making a new CONTACT, forces you to have a NAME as well as a display name,  so I'm curious how you ever got your contacts into the system in the first place, without a business NAME field entry.  I'd avoid making it part of the 1st line of the ADDRESS field (ie:  where you put things like:  1st Floor,  or Unit 6  and so forth, followed by  8 Station Street in the 2nd line.   There is a BUSINESS NAME field dedicated for the NAME.

Gary

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2017
    10/04/17

Hi Tash,

Here is my understanding.

There are 4 invoice templates:
    * Professional
    * Standard
    * Products & services
    * Generic

From your screen shot you appear to be using the 'Products & services' template. The 'Products & services' template is slightly different to the other 3 templates in that the customer name shows separate to the invoice/shipping address.

I've included an example of each template header below & you can see that whilst the Professional, Standard & Generic template shows the customer name above the invoice/shipping address, the Products & services template shows the customer name between the date & the invoice number.

Professional template example

Standard template example

Products & services template example

Generic template example
  • gazza73
    edited April 2017
    Qwerty.  Brilliant spotting of this.  Frankly,  I find it strange why a business name fails to show in the window-faced envelope section (assuming a snail mail postage usage),  for ensuring the document gets delivered to the right company at the street address.  This would be very relevant if the invoice was going to a serviced office for instance where multiple businesses operate from the same exact address.  Seems an odd arrangement to me.   I''d be seeking to adjust that "Products and Services' template to add the BUSINESS NAME above the first address line, like the other 3 templates.

Not only that,  but many businesses operate under different trading names, and snail-mail versions of the document need to have some private way of disclosing WHICH BUSINESS the letter is intended for.

My 2-bobs worth.  But Qwerty:  WELL SPOTTED!

Cheers

Gary

• Tash Schipp
    edited April 2017
    Its extremely odd and weird. We like this layout the best for our business but it is so odd. We do a lot via email but when sending out via post and a quick reference- it seems strange to have the customer name over on the right hand side. 

For the moment I have had to change all my contacts to have their business name on the top line of the address so it shows where it is supposed to. 

Also for some one off clients we dont have full addresses (just email them the invoice) for them so that would mean the left hand is totally blank and only shows over on the right in between other details so not easily seen.
    Sorry but makes no sense but we rather that invoice template.
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2017
    26/05/2017

Hi Tash,

Looks like your issue has been resolved in the recent update :)

See the info in this post regarding the professional templates enhancement.
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-one-update-25-may-2017
  • Tash Schipp
    edited May 2017
    How awesome!!! Thanks for letting me know