quickbooks 2010/11 creating ._pdf file

Options
Lachlan Birse
Lachlan Birse Member Posts: 5
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
im using quickbooks plus 2010/11 and i have received numerous emails from customers stating that they cannot open their invoices...one customer in particular pointed out that the invoice i sent was a ._pdf file instead of a .pdf file.
how can i change this? or what are my other options?
thanks lachlan.

Comments

• Lax
    Lax Alumni Posts: 58
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Lachlan,

Welcome to Reckon Community and Thank you for the question

Sorry to hear about that, this maybe caused by a corrupt printer configuration file.

Please try the following :

1. Click on start ->computer->Local Disk C->Program data*

*The program data may be hidden folder, please follow the steps below to make the folder visible

Click on organize -> folder and search options->click on the view tab and tick the option Show Hidden files, folders and drives.

2. Open the folder Intuit that’s under Program Data folder: Intuit->Reckon Accounts 13->

3. Locate the following files: QBPRINT.QBP and WPR.INI

4. Right click on those files and select the option delete

5. Once you have done that close the window and re-open Reckon Accounts 13 and try to   E-mail again.

Hope this helps, Let me know how it goes.  

Cheers

Lax

• Lachlan Birse
    edited March 2014
    Options
    hi lax, thanks for your reply, however it is not the sending of the email or invoice that is the problem, it is the file type that quickbooks is converting the invoice into when it send it as an email. the file extension is ._pdf instead of .pdf. i was able to change the properties of the files so my computer opens all files with the extension ._pdf with adobe reader, however not all my customers are tech savvy, and are unable to read their invoices. do you have any ideas/solutions regarding this? as for the information you gave me, it was useful in setting up the proper email settings as i was having some trouble in the last couple of weeks and was unable to email at all, but that is now sorted and a new problem has popped up unfortunately. thanks lachlan.
  • Lax
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Lachlan,

Thank you for the reply, the two files that I mentioned above are associated with creating PDFs in QuickBooks. Please try the steps below and then try to create a report.

1. Click on start ->computer->Local Disk C->Program data*

*The program data may be hidden folder, please follow the steps below to make the folder visible

Click on organize -> folder and search options->click on the view tab and tick the option Show Hidden files, folders and drives.

2. Open the folder Intuit that’s under Program Data folder: Intuit->QuickBooks10/11->

3. Locate the following files: QBPRINT.QBP and WPR.INI

4. Right click on those files and select the option delete

5. Once you have done that close the window and re-open Quickbooks10/11 and try to generate a simple report click on Reports-> List -> Terms Listing-> click on the email button on the top and send report as PDF and when it prompts you to enter a recipients email address please enter your own email address.

Keep me posted on any updates

Cheers

Lax

• Lachlan Birse
    edited May 2014
    Options
    hi all,

had success with the method that Lax provided me with, so i thank you for that.
    i recently updated to reckon accounts plus 2014, and have since encountered the same problem with first, the inability to email invoices, which has now been solved, and again with the creation of ._pdf files.

i have attempted twice to remove the QBPRINT.QBP and WPR.INI files within the reckon accounts 14 folder with no success, and am currently uninstalling the quickbooks plus 2010/11 version from my computer in an attempt to solve the problem, i have also changed the default printer in my devices and printers list from the quickbooks converter V303 to the quickbooks printer V4 and removed the V303 printer, i will update once i have finished uninstalling the 10/11 version and see how i go.

thanks lachlan
  • Lachlan Birse
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ok,
    so uninstalled quickbooks plus 2010/11
    opened accounts plus 2014 and attempted to send an email with a report in it, still a ._pdf file
    removed the QBPRINT.QBP file again, the WPR.INI was not there this time, i deleted it in an earlier attempt to solve my problem
    re opened accounts plus 2014 and attempted to send an email with a report in it, still a ._PDF file, any solutions?

thanks lachlan
  • Lax
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Lachlan,

Thanks for the post. This may be due to a printer port conflict

Please try the following:

click on Start->devices and printers

Please remove any printer that has the keyword Quickbooks from your device and printers window, basically QUckbook V303 converter and Quickbooks V4 PDF converter

Ensure that your physical printer is set to as the default printer, it should have a green circle with a tick next to it.

once you have confirmed these steps, try deleting the QBPrint file again and try to save it as a PDF again.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Lax 
  • Sharon Vonderwall
    Sharon Vonderwall Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    Options

I have followed all your steps above and still creates a ._pdf file.  Next?

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

This is a rather tricky problem as we've only heard of it here.

There are a couple of steps we can try and if they don't work then you'll need to do a full uninstall and reinstall.

First step - delete all your qbprint.qbp and wpr.ini files.
    Search your computer for these files and delete them all.
    Set your Quickbooks launch icon to Run As Administrator and compability mode to Windows XP sp2 (right-click > Properties > Compatibility)

Now try.  Any change?

If not, check whether the PDF Converter is sharing a port with another application.  If it is, then set it to its own port.  Full guide to this process is available in this article.

Now try.  Any change?

If not, then I suggest a clean uninstall and reinstall of all QuickBooks on your PC.
    Use a 3rd party uninstaller (Revo Uninstaller is a free download) to uninstall QuickBooks to ensure all fiels and registry entries associated with the programme are removed.
    Delete all your QuickBooks folders and empty the Temp folder in C drive.
    login to the PC as a "built-in admin" and switch to Selective Startup, to ensure all non-Microsoft software is stopped.

A full guide is available here.

Now install your current programme.
    Stay in the built-in admin and Selective Startup and if your version is 2013 or later, then set the launch icon for Run As Admin and Compatibility for Windows XP sp2.

Try again.

If its working, switch back to normal mode and login with your normal profile.  

If not working, then call Technical Support for further one-to-one attention.  

Hope this helps in getting to a solution.

Regards,
    John

• Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

Somewhere you are getting a full stop on the end of the file name. Check that your file name does not end in a full stop. When your software creates a PDF, if the file name ends in a full stop, it replaces the second fullstop with an underscore, hence changing xxxxxx..PDF to xxxxxx._PDF

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/windows-live-mail-keeps-changing...