reckon 2020 installation error message 14726 94625

Options
Max S
Max S Member Posts: 9
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just renewed my reckon one licence.  However have been having problems on installing the new software.

I have downloaded and installed (I think successfully) and then on first attempt to use it get a message that it is installing.  It hangs and then eventually it shuts down with this message reckon error message 14726 94625. 

After first encountering this I removed my previous version and then used revo uninstaller to remove any sign of previous version/installs.   Same result.   

any thoughts would be welcome?  

Comments

• Max S
    edited April 2020
    Options
    You are of course correct.   I have been using it for 20 years and have gone too many name changes

It is Reckon Accounts Plus 2020 that I am using.
  • Anton Strauss
    Anton Strauss Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I had no issue installing Reckon Accounts Plus 2020 on two computers. The key is to double click the downloaded file and let it extract and install. If you extract yourself prior to installation, it will fail.
    Be sure appdata/local/Temp is emptied prior to installing and any antivirus needs to be paused
  • Max S
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Anton

Victory.   The only thing I hadn't done was delete the appdata file.   There was in a folder called Reckon which I deleted without problems and one in a folder called Intuit  which did not have admin permissions and could not deleted until I found an app called startunlocker, which worked a treat.

It took me an hour to remember my admin password (I suspect from 20 years ago)

Thank you.