Reckon Accounts Premier 2014 freezes when opening or creating new invoice and doesnt email Payslips

Options
C Allen
C Allen Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, We are currently using Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2014 and are having several issues. These problems are as follows: 1. When using the main computer, Reckon freezes when I try to open or create a new invoice. 2. Payslips are not being received by employees when emailed. Instead, employees are receiving payslips randomly several months later. We are also having trouble with the process for emailing payslips. Reckon opens a new Windows Live Mail window for each employee. Therefore I have to click “send” for each individual employee. This is causing a long and tedious process. Is there a way I can set up Reckon to automatically email payslips to all employees at the end of each week? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi C Allen,

Perhaps you may need to consider running a Rebuild and verify on your data file to see if there are any errors and it may also improve the speed of your file.

That is very unusual about emailing payslips, perhaps it is in their junk mail? Try going into edit drop down menu > preferences > send forms > company preferences > change to payslips and add your email into the bcc so you can get a copy to check they are being delivered. But they would also be in the sent items of the computer they are being sent from.

For emailing, you can go to your preferences again > Online > Company Preferences > untick display each email when sending more than one, then they will all send. But there is no automated process.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• C Allen
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Sally, First of all thanks for the response! We applied the Company Preference for emailing batch payslips so that is now working! With regards to the other issues, I have conducted the Verify Data utility however it came up with a message at the end saying "Reckon Accounts deteced no problems with your data." Therefore we didn't perform the rebuild. Do you have any other suggestions? Also the condition of the other problems has changed slightely. The main computer is still freezing whenever I go to open or create an invoice requiring me to enter the Task Manager and force close the program (note this does not happen on any of the other computers). With regards to emailing payslips the program now thinks it is emailing them but in fact they are not being sent at all (not showing up in our sent folder or in the employers inbox or junk folder). We are stumped as to what is going on here. It is also noted that the main computer is the only one having this issue. The other two computers connected to the network perform this procedure fine. The final issue is then another computer connected to the network (not the main computer) that keeps crashing. This is happening randomly and frequently with no apparent trigger. Reckon just pops up with an error message every now and then, then forces the program to close. As always, any help is much appreciated! Kind regards, C Allen
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi,

Is it worth trying an uninstall and reinstall?

Or perhaps it could be a local firewall on that pc? There was to be something different.

I would still run the rebuild anyway.

Could it also be a corrupt user profile? I.e if someone logged in under a different username on the main computer would the issue still happen?

I hope this helps.

Sally

• C Allen
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Sally, We have solved the payslip issue! Turns out Reckon was only talking with Microsoft Outlook not our default program Windows Live Mail. Therefore, once we opened Outlook, the payslips sent straight through! With regards to the other issue it does appear that we may have a corrupt user profile. It seems that when a particular staff member logs in, she is unable to open any invoices without the system freezing up. Any suggestions as to how do we resolve this issue? Thanks again for all your help! Cheers, C Allen
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi,

I would just create a new user in the system for them to use.

Either a new name or rename the old one so they can use the new one.

Glad the email issue is sorted.

Kind regards,

Sally