Reckon Accounts Premier 2020 won't open

Options
Lorelle Taylor
Lorelle Taylor Member Posts: 16
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Reckon Accounts Premier 2020 won't open.
I was using it yesterday no problems. Today it won't open. Tried logging in as admin. Tried turning off Kaspersky. Comes up with an hourglass for 1 sec, then nothing. It's on a windows 7 computer. What can I do?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,306 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Maybe go to the Control Panel and log off all remote sessions, worth a try
  • Cheryl Medley
    Cheryl Medley Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2020
    Options
    This could be too simplistic, but it often works for me. Did you try turning the computer completely off, leave it for a little while then turn it on again. I have trouble with e-mails from time to time and this is the only thing that works.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,306 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    A restart is always a good idea - on any device or appliance 
  • Lorelle Taylor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    My husband reminded me that Kaspersky had come up with a malware notification before I included Reckon 2020 as an exclusion (2019 had already been excluded). I think Kaspersky had deleted something and today was the first restart which is why it doesn't work. I will try reinstalling Reckon.
  • Lorelle Taylor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yes did that.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Lorelle - 2 things ... if you have Windows 10 - then try shutting the computer down WHILE HOLDING DOWN the Shift Key until it goes off... this is a full shut down... and fixes 90% of issues...  failing that - if it was working yesterday - I would possibly try a system restore?  but this requires some technical skills...  System Restore (if you have a restore point from when it was last working) - puts the system back to how it was on the date you select... which can be helpful if you have Windows updates that have installed and messed something up?
  • Lorelle Taylor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    No it's Windows 7.
  • Lorelle Taylor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I tried reinstalling over the current one. After that, it started to open but came up with an error. Looks like I will have to uninstall and reinstall. Is there anything I need to be aware of before uninstalling?
  • Linda ABC
    edited August 2020
    Options
    System Restore is possibly still the way to go - but if you are not confident, dont attempt it...get a tech to do for you - otherwise make sure that all virus software is turned off before uninstalling and reinstalling.
  • Lorelle Taylor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I went to uninstall, but it had a choice to repair, so I tried that. I just had to reinstall the tax update afterwards and it all seems to be fixed. Fingers and toes crossed.
  • Linda ABC
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thats great Lorelle -:)
  • Lorelle Taylor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the help.