reckon accounts plus 2014 creating ._pdf files

Options
Lachlan Birse
Lachlan Birse Member Posts: 5
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
hi all,

please refer to this post regarding original problems...
https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/quickbooks_2010_11_creating_pdf_file

had success with the method that Lax provided me with, so i thank you for that.
i recently updated to reckon accounts plus 2014, and have since encountered the same problem with first, the inability to email invoices, which has now been solved, and again with the creation of ._pdf files.

i have attempted twice to remove the QBPRINT.QBP and WPR.INI files within the reckon accounts 14 folder with no success, and am currently uninstalling the quickbooks plus 2010/11 version from my computer in an attempt to solve the problem, i have also changed the default printer in my devices and printers list from the quickbooks converter V303 to the quickbooks printer V4 and removed the V303 printer, i will update once i have finished uninstalling the 10/11 version and see how i go.

ok,
so uninstalled quickbooks plus 2010/11
opened accounts plus 2014 and attempted to send an email with a report in it, still a ._pdf file
removed the QBPRINT.QBP file again, the WPR.INI was not there this time, i deleted it in an earlier attempt to solve my problem
re opened accounts plus 2014 and attempted to send an email with a report in it, still a ._PDF file, any solutions?

thanks lachlan

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Lachlan,

Just wondering if you have tried everything in here:

http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=3577

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh

sally@samsolutions.com.au

• Sharon Vonderwall
    Sharon Vonderwall Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    Options

yes tried all of the above and still get a ._pdf creation.  I'm using Reckon EastStart 2013

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the Reckon Community

That's an unusual problem you have.  Try these steps until resolved.

First do a computer scan for all *.qbp and wpr.ini files and delete all of them.
    Now try.  Any difference?

If not, then do a "clean uninstall and re-install"  
    Use a 3rd party uninstaller (like Revo Uninstaller, a freeware)  to thoroughly remove all elements of the software.

Remove any older versions you may have on the PC as well.

When re-installing, log into the computer as the "built-In Administrtor" and switch to Selective Startup (this will ensure your anti-virus is not running during installation).

Our full guide is here.

Give is a go in Selective Startup - any problems?
    If none, then switch to normal mode and log in with your normal user profile.

Still have problems?  Best to call Technical Support for further one-to-one attention.  

Let us know how you go.

regards,
    John

• Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

Somewhere you are getting a full stop on the end of the file name. Check that your file name does not end in a full stop. When your software creates a PDF, if the file name ends in a full stop, it replaces the second fullstop with an underscore, hence changing xxxxxx..PDF to xxxxxx._PDF

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/windows-live-mail-keeps-changing...

• Sharon Vonderwall
    Sharon Vonderwall Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thanks Guys - but I think I have the solution - partially led to by Steve and the article above. 

I was in the process of Configuring Outlook 2007 to try instead of Windows Live Mail.  Noticed when sending an email that my filename said "Inv_9999_company_name..pdf"! (which remembering Windows Live mail converts to "Inv_9999_company_name._pdf). Now, my company name in my QuickBooks file says "Company Name Inc." - removing that "." at the end of my company name results in my file being sent as a "Inv_9999_company_name.pdf" - solving the problem and fixing the ._pdf file extension in Windows Live Mail!

Cheers