Sick leave - ADP, Stat day ADP

Options
Petr Konečný
Petr Konečný Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi there, 
We are having the following issue what makes our wages incorrect.

Trying to help our office lady but we can't see any options for this. Every employee in this has a different amount of worked hours every week.
She is just using an average of worked hours not of gross earnings. Unfortunately, she does that with Annual leave as well. The system is set up for 160 hours a year and 40 hours for sick leave. For example, I work 45 - 60 hours a week. So I can use only approx 16 days. 

How to get Average Daily and AWP to Earnings? Pay for sick days, stat days, etc? What I can see is only Sick - hourly or RDP. 

Any suggestions? Any solution to this? 

Thank you
Petr

Comments

• Petr Koneƒçn√Ω
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Not sure. It is like that since I have started in this company. First lady was able somehow to put on screen 4week and annual average and then manually put it in but under RDP code. She doesn't work for us anymore for almost 2 years. Since then, payments of holidays and etc are not correct.

What you mean by splitting hours? Can you please explain this idea? Not sure how this is going to sort the calculation of ADP. We not getting any overtime pay.
  • Petr Koneƒçn√Ω
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thank you for your time and information:

Here is a copy from employment.govt.nz, Just to make sure that we are talking about the same thing.
    Average daily pay (‘ADP’) may only be used if:
    • it’s not possible or practicable to work out relevant daily pay, or
    • an employee's daily pay varies in the pay period in question.

Average daily pay is a daily average of the employee’s gross earnings over the past 52 weeks. This is worked out by:

• adding up the employee’s gross earnings for the period, and
    • dividing this by the number of whole or part days the employee either worked or was on paid leave or holidays during that period.

Scenario - employee with irregular hours

Karim works four days per week and his hours vary between six and nine per day. He is off sick for a day (that he would usually work) and is entitled to sick leave. Karim’s varying work pattern means that his employer cannot work out his relevant daily pay. Therefore, average daily pay should be used (for his public holidays, sick and bereavement leave and alternative holidays entitlements).

The formula to calculate Karim’s average daily pay is:

• total gross earnings for 52 weeks = $34,320
    • whole or part days worked (includes paid holidays or leave) = 208 days
    • average daily pay = $34,320 divided by 208 days = $165.

Exactly our situations. We don't have ordinary hours. It is up to jobs. I could be finishing at 3 pm or 9 pm. I personally can start  between 6 am and 7.30am. Depends on the job requirement. Also, I am getting call outs. My partner works in hospitality. Same situation. But they have a different accounting system.
    I need to somehow add a Payroll item like this:

Sick(stat day etc) - ADP > rate = gross earning/days (or similar) > quantity

Is this possible? or another way?