Statements - Current Amounts Owing Show as Overdue

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • (Edited)
Can anyone please help me with the following issue. Im pulling my hair out in frustration. To produce statements at the EOM, I enter my Statement Date as the relevant EOM date, and choose "All open transactions as of Statement Date" all the invoices for that month show as overdue 1-30 days and not current, except for any invoices entered on the last day of the month. If I change the Statement Date to the day before the end of the month, then the total shows up in Current, but obviously drops any invoices entered on the last day of that relevant month. Our payment terms are 30 days from EOM, I have set up terms as date driven 30/30 (had also changed this to 31/31 - no difference), I have entered the correct terms to all customers. I am so frustrated by what should appear to be a very simple process.









Photo of Rachel

Rachel

  • 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

  • 1
Hi Rachel

Your settings appear to be fine (change it back to 30/30 date driven) so this indicates a problem at a transactional level.  Whilst you may have set "30 Days >EOM" on each customer's record, double check that all your invoices are all USING this term (& not an old/incorrectly configured one that may be auto prefilling based on prior invoice entries)

Generate an A/R Ageing Summary - Is this also showing these current invoices in the "1-30 days overdue" column? Drill down on that column total & it will show you each invoice with its terms & due date.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.
Photo of Rachel

Rachel

  • 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Shaz

OMG you are a genius, that is exactly what has happened. Thank you so much for your help. 

You dont know by chance if there is a quick way to change all our customers terms & previous invoices to this new correct term that I have created. 

We have hundreds of customers and invoices, which will be time consuming to change individually.

Again, thank you.
Hi Rachel

Good to hear you’ve identified the issue!

Unfortunately there’s not a way to bulk edit. Each invoice will need to be manually edited.

I’d suggest putting an “x” in front of the incorrect term name(s) (Go the “Terms” list to edit) to make it easier to see when the wrong one(s) have been used by default going forward.